In my previous post i explained that how to move website from one host to another host & in this post I’ll tell you how to move website from Bigrock to HostGator Shared hosting. A new host always offer more features at very low price. But when we think about move to new host then we get nervous, because we don’t want our site in trouble. And for this reason we don’t move to new host.
Bigrock is India’s best cheapest domain & hosting provider. They offer some great features at a very low price. Bigrock guarantees 99.9% server uptime. I hosted my one site on Bigrock US hosting & found that their technical support is also good. But i want try Hostgator, So i purchased Hostgator Hatchling shared hosting plan with 60% off on new year discount & i moved my one site from Bigrock to Hostgator without any problem. So here I want to tell you, how i moved my site. follow these easy steps below if you want to move from Bigrock to Hostgator-
Backup database & directory
Bigrock offers Softaculous application in CPanel account. Softaculous is a multiscript installer application, You can install WordPress & other platform very easily. Softaculous also has database & directory backup feature. So you can backup backup database & directory with one click backup. How to backup with Softaculous app.
- First login to your Bigrock Cpanel account.
- Under the Software and Services click on Softaculous.
- You will see Top Script page. At top right side click on All Installations Option icon.
- Now you are on Scripts Installations page. Click on backup icon to make a full site backup.
- On next you will see Backing Up WordPress page. Now here tick the Backup Directory & Backup Database check box. Scrolldown & click on Backup Installation button.
- Wait a few minutes. After backup click on top right Backup and Restore icon. You will see Backups and Restore. To download a recent backup click on download icon under the Option. Save file to your PC.
- Now wait for until the file is not fully download. After the download is complete, Extract the download file. Because it has a compressed ZIP file, So you will need WinRAR software. If WinRAR is not installed in your PC, then Install it-
- Click here to download Winrar After download install it.
- Right-click the file & choose Extract here. All compressed file will now uncompressed. Uncompressed folder has your all files wordpress files including Sql database file name softsql.sql. Now don’t do anything here.
Read this post installation with pictures- Move your website from one host to another with easy steps.
Create a new database & User using CPanel MySQL Database-
- Go to your new webhost Hostgator CPanel Account. After login click on MySQL Databases option under the .
- Create a new database.
- Create a new user with a good password.
- After creating new database & new user, Add this new user account to the new database and grant it All Privileges.
After creation of database name, username & password, copy these names and password to a safe place because You’ll need these in Wp-config.php file.
Import Sql database via phpMyAdmin
- Now restore the database using phpMyAdmin. In the Hostgator CPanel click on phpMyAdmin option and select your newly created database from the left sidebar, After it click on the Import tab from the top menu.
- In the File to Import section click the browse button and select the SQL file name softsql.sql, which you have extracted from download file.
- Before uploading Untick the Partial Import check box, set the format to SQL and then hit the Go button. The database import will now begin.
Wait for few seconds. After import you will see success message.
Upload Zip file
- Now click on File manager in Hostgator CPanel account, A popup box will appear. A pop box will appear, now select Document Root for radio button, Tick Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) & hit Go button & go to public_html directory.
- Click on Upload from top option. On next click on Browse button & Now upload the zip file, which you downloaded in your computer.
- Now wait. It will take some time depending on file size & your INTERNET connection speed.
- When the file upload completed, right click on file uploaded zip file & click on Extract option. Now it will extract & restore all files in Public_html directory.
Edit wp-config.php file-
- After restoring all files, now time to edit wp-config.php file & add newly created database name, new user name & password into this. To edit wp-config file right click on wp-config in Public_html directory & choose Edit option from the context menu.
- A popup box will appear then click on Edit button.
Now change the old database name with your new database name.
Change your old user name with your new data user name.
Change your old password with your new password.
After changing database name, user name & password, save WP-config file by clicking on top right corner save button.
Now Go to your domain hosting account, replace your old Bigrock name servers with new Hostgator Name servers. After changing wait for 24 to 48 hours because full migration process takes 1 to 2 days, then the site will successfully moved on new HostGator Shared hosting account.
And also don’t remove old wordpress installation on Bigrock shared hosting acount, unless your site was not fully functional on Hostgator because if you have any problem with new installation then you can easily move to old just changing Bigrock Name server.
Thanks for visiting!