In my previous post i explained that How to signup for CloudFlare free account. In this this post I’ll show you How to activate CloudFlare in CPanel Account. Cloudflare web hosting is free CDN service for your website, it speedup your website via cloud. Approx 74 CloudFlare servers are available world wide. Many Web Hosting Companies are also partnered with CloudFlare for saving their server bandwidth. WebHost Uses CloudFlare as a CDN (Content Delivery Network) & they offer Cloud Flare service in CPanel account. Thats great! because you’ll not need to change your Nameserver record to CloudFlare NameServers. If are using Webhost such as NameCheap, SiteGround, HostGator, Bluehost, Bigrock etc. then this service is freely available in your CPanel account. So how to enable CloudFlare in CPanel.
How to Activate CloudFlare service in CPanel account?
Please first Sign up CloudFlare account though website page because some times when we tried to Signup through CPanel then the password did not receive via email. So it better to signup CloudFlare via website.
On the Signup page enter your e-mail id in the first & second box and a good password in third & fourth box. Tick the agreement check box & then hit Create Account button. After Signup don’t do anything in CloudFlare account.
- Now login to your CPanel account & Click on CloudFlare icon
- Now you are on Sign Up/ Log in page. Enter Your Email ID in the box, tick the license agreement check box & click on SignUp Now! button.
- If you have registered through website then it will ask you to enter Password. Enter the password into the box & click on Signup Now! again.
- If you will enter password correctly then you will see success confirmation message & page automatically redirect to your Cloudflare Account settings page. If page automatically not redirect then again click on Cloud Flare option icon in CPanel homepage. On Account Settings click on Manage button.
- It expand your domain DNS record. Now click on Run on CloudFlare button of your www website version (eg www.domainname.com). If your www.domainname.com point to your A record IP address then it will show you a message to update your A record to Cname record for your www website version. To change A record to CName record click on warning message Click here option. Now it will automatically change your A record to CName record.
- Or record if not renamed automatically then you can change DNS record via Advanced DNS Zone Editor option in CPanel. Now Edit your www.domainname.com DNS record & point your Cname record to non www version (eg- domainame.com) or you can point to your host Cname record. After changing the Cname record come back to CloudFlare Account settings page >> click on Manage Button>> click on Run on CloudFlare. Now you will receive a success message & your site will be on CloudFlare.
Thanks for visiting!