As we know that WordPress is most popular and SEO friendly platform. And I will not recommend you to move your site from WordPress to Blogger. Yes, blogger is free to maintained and secured platform. But it is not for a pro blogger and you’ll always be in the restriction. But sometimes you can’t afford money to manage hosting plan. If your site is not earning anything, so you can think to move site on Blogger platform.
However if you want to move your WordPress site to Blogger then it’s your choice. And there are lots of article available with the help of you can easily move from WordPress to Blogger. After moving WordPress to Blogger, You site will face 404 page error because when you move to blogger, Site URL permalink structure will be also changed. To solving 404 error here I’m going to share how to redirect your post URL’s from WordPress to Blogger permalink without losing your site traffic.
Redirect WordPress URL’s to blogger without loosing traffic:
After moving WordPress to Blogger, You’ll need to redirect every old WordPress post URL to new Blogger post URL using blogger “Custom Redirects” option. And there is no shortcut and automatic function available at blogger platform, which can be redirected your all URL’s to new. So here I’ll tell, how can you permanent (301) redirect WordPress Post permalink to Blogger permalink address.
- First login to your blogger site dashboard.
- After Login click on Settings from left pane.
- Choose search preferences sub option of Settings.
- Now Click on Custom Redirects Edit link.
- You will see “Custom Redirects” options, to create a redirect from WordPress to Blogger permalink, click on New redirect button.
From: Add your WordPress URL without domain name eg. If your WordPress post URL is http://www.domain.com/completely-uninstall-app-on-android/ then add permalink address without domain name: /completely-uninstall-app-on-android/ in the From box.
To: Add here your Blogger URL permalink eg: /2016/08/completely-uninstall-an-app-on-android/
Permanent: Tick the Permanent (301) check box and click on Save.
- Now do the same process to all URL’s and after adding all URL’s Click on “Save Changes” button. Otherwise your redirection list will not save.
If you have followed all the steps, you will see all WordPress permalink URL will be redirected to bloggers permalink address and 404 page error will be solved.
- How to Add & Activate SumoMe Share on Blogger & WordPress.
- Prevent Bloggers website duplicate content in Search Engine.